Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Autumn Leaf


My veins, my vision and my heart have gone weak
Due to jealousy spewing from my neighbor's beak
Who else would mail letters labeled: "To an old Freak"
Spray paints my car with: "Shame has reached a new peak"

Because a lady, half my age, visits me three times a week
Her name is Autumn, she is colorful when she speaks
A sweet papaya who shares stories to turn me into a geek
A breeze rifling through my leafs, solitude was tweaked

Heaven is in her voice when she laughs or softly speaks
At the dinner table we sit for homework and ice cream on a stick
Her lip gloss sent feeds my arousal in the darkness to seek
She whispers in her sleep "I am so happy, a secret not to leak"

Little did we both know, my envelopes were laced with poison for weeks
drifting slowly, "I'll miss you" is kissed on Autumn's cheek
"My body for the neighbor to keep,
my love lives on"

Signed: An Old Freak

-- Louis Mercier

No comments: