Friday, July 13, 2012

Be The Leaf


I don't believe music played backward can solves God's riddle
I believe bad cable television is the root of dumb people

I don't believe in the hymn lyrics an organist plays
I believe a page of any book can keep ignorance at bay

I don't invest in Sunday's best as a source for enlightenment
I believe women's fashion magazine is a form of punishment

They don't believe in the gimmick saying "Beauty is skin deep"
You believe reading the bible is better then counting sheep

I don't believe in eternal burning fire or hell is a place
I believe it lives within us without a smile on our tired face

I don't think the eucharist alone can heal the world's pain
I believe our collective mind has the power to brake chains

I don't believe kings and Queens are heartless flying their jet
Be the leaf in a card's deck against Mega corporation's bet

I don't believe it is fair to call your thoughts garbage
I believe in nurturing positiveness  as a rite of passage

I never cared much for the red white and blue until I met you
I believe time did tell that true love is just colors minus the blues

-- Louis Mercier

No comments: