Wednesday, June 15, 2011

No Stopping Now

















"I'll never give up. Never give in
Never let a ray of doubt slip in
And if I fall, I'll never fail
I'll just get up and try again

Never lose hope. Never lose faith
There's much too much at stake
Upon myself I must depend
I'm not looking for place or show
I'm gonna win" 

-- Brian McKnight's song

in the 90's, you were my first and my last NHL love.
Probably the last team in the league, I respected you 
for your courage to never lay down, never quit.

With no finance, no hope, no star players, no wins
I was still your secret undisputed favorite fan
My soul cheered for other teams as practice 
for the day I will watch you play during the finals.

From a boy to a man, you have grown with pride
You've worked hard to make it here, the 2011 finals.
With the words of a proud #1 hockey Canadian fan
"Go claim your Stanley Cup, man! Go Canucks Go!
They will remember your bravery, 100 years from now "

-- Louis Mercier

No comments: