Monday, June 14, 2010

Now VS Then



















Toiling,
I was, while
Running on
Empty
Dreams

One characteristic I can admit with great pride and sadness, through out my independent years, is my inheritance by default of the art of hard work from my beloved parents. Not only did I receive their irresistible good looks DNA, their sex appeal DNA, their sense of humour DNA, their honesty DNA, their caring heart DNA, their etc. DNA. I also acquired their red blood cell composition of the strength of a thousand slaves.

Too often, I have pushed my mind and body to the limit in order to "get the job done" in meeting my life's goals. For the past three years, I have never meet an hour, weekend, week days, months, or a year where I wasn't in workhorse mode. Even in my sleep, I peruse back through the steps of my day in order to find errors and glory in my actions to move forward in my journey. The question you must ask yourself by now, why work so hard? I ask my myself: "For how much longer?" Amazingly, I have yet to meet a hearth stock from my nose to grindstone mentality.

Call it driven, go-getter, persistent, stubborn, determined, tenacious or just plain naive workaholic, on my part. I just pray for a heaven's clinic with a sweet psychologist African queen angle with the heart of golden to seek therapy with. Until then, with a little luck one day at a time, I'll keep move on. Now, you'll find me in class studying ticket sales (for the past four weeks), one more to go until graduation and then the fun begins.

Charge ;)

PS: For Lyons

No comments: