Monday, May 31, 2010

When Eyes Meet: Final Chapter: Amen
























"Even when my hustling days are gone
Memories of you, by my side, still holding on
Even when my dices stop spinning
And all those gold-digging women disappear
I know you'll still be near"

Let’s assume for a minute you didn’t know me, as you peruse through this blog. You may conclude that I was a bloodthirsty hooligan dressed in dark clothes, black shades and concealing sharp canine teethes behind my lip sealed smile. As you read deeper through each line, you would probably see a dark opaque cloud hovering above my halo. I dare you to take a second look. In less then an hour’s conversation, you would soon learn that I’m nothing more then a missed understood loving cub and not this fighting black panther roaring behind my words. “Your constant brushes with the Eve’s of the world didn’t help but paint a different image of your true self, my son.” said my grand-father over the cell phone as I boarder a flight heading South-West. He then added: “ If you can’t beat them, you MUST make peace before it’s too late for your soul.”

Haft way across North America in the Great Plains, I met Eve in a large bison skinned tipi. She had beautiful facial features and walked with elegance. My hypnotic gaze or my confused mind almost forgot the real reason of this trip. She appeared shorter then I had expected, yet she was built like an amazon warrior as she advanced to greet me. An awkward gift exchanged followed while being surrounded by her women bodyguards, we sat immediately to smoke on the peace pipe.

Eve spoke very little in the tent. In few exchanges, she had asked me to refrain from writing about her in my blog, I reckon that I was hurting her malicious mission by enlightening readers on self-esteem, the pursuit of happiness within or on their side effects from being insecure. “I would do anything, that you want me to do” I replied. Eve smiled, before she could inhale on the peace pipe, I added: “You have my body and you want my soul, no can’t do that. In exchange for my writhing, I ask for you to set my soul free”. After a moment of hesitation, she looked at me with great intensity and whispered: “Why?" "Why must I release this soul, since it was sacrificed in order to save the world?” “With due respect, Eve, I wish to breath again. I can’t save a single child or even the world, if I can’t save my own self in the process.” In-between laughter, Eve had mentioned: “No need to talk about it, Mr. Mercier, you have my promise. Now go! Upon your return, your soul will be set free”.

Waiting for instructions to board my plane heading back home, I notice a blue card stored in my passport and it read: “To my true love”. I looked all around the waiting area before opening the sealed envelope with caution and excitement.

It read:

Dear Luis,

More precious then McDonald’s golden fry
Golden tears inside I cry
Reminiscing each day gone bye
Just yesterday, I though you said hi
As we lay, you held me close like a tie
The night was young, levitating so high
You within me made me sigh
Felt so good like no other guy
Where homophobic angles dread to fly
We ate medium slices of a pizza pie
Under drizzling rain, in a park, we sat still dry
Can we rekindle? Can we try?
Can we erase the hurt through the lie?
Aigh! It aches to be out of time
I believe broken wings can still fly
My feelings still sparkles in my eye
Something inside, so strong, didn't have to die
Love was too resilient to now say goodbye
Out of words, out of luck, out of sight. Oh, my!
More then just a line: "I'll missed you!"

PS: 10 reasons why my feelings for you grew beyond the clouds.
  1. Your kindness/Generosity
  2. Courage & Perseverance
  3. Super funny
  4. Soooo sexy
  5. Concern for others
  6. Willingness/Desire to help
  7. Intelligence
  8. Patience
  9. Non-materialistic
  10. Because you are you. God loves you, so I do too... Stay focus!

Upon a late arrival at the airport, where this journey first started, I immediately regained my soul. Furthermore, in the process of regaining my precious soul, I felt even more confused while still clutching on the card. "Eve, where do you dare me to draw the line?" I asked myself in a troubled peace of mind, "I will do anything that you want me to do, but I can't keep loosing my soul. I'll say no and go". "Until our path meets again, may we learn from our failures, missed communications, insecurities and bad luck in our timing. Until then, may we walk tall in pursuit of happiness, walk proud and keep walking fearlessly as we keep improving our selves!

Truly yours,

Louis " loved more then tears will ever show" Mercier

No comments: