Sunday, May 2, 2010

Two Eves With One Blog













I awake to a cloudy morning, 2010 2nd of May
Hello like before, it's me again Jah, as I fall on my knees today
Like an opened book, peruse through the lines of my journey where wisdom lay
Help me understand, 'cause ain't no sunshine this gloomy Sunday
Looking back on the load over my shoulder, I guess I carried part of the blame
Ain't it a crying shame, rain stain still remain on this window pain
All I ever did craved for, a woman in Brazil, India or Japan
So soft and sweet, she would melt in the palm of my hand
"To love and be loved" I expressed in a soft whisper
On a plane ride, while talking to her sister
"Let her be the one" the only one
Let me be freed from the Eve's of the world, and have fun
Genuine shy smile, one African Mona Lisa girl 
My Michelle Obama dressed with obsidian pearl
Makes no sense, must be a statuesque order to deliver
By virtue of the bitterness that has invaded my liver 
Stay focus, told myself time and time again 
"Let's be friends and let's build over these turbulent rivers"

Remember the time, Yahweh, I said I was done?
Thought yesterday's burden was long gone
At last, someone to talk too, just like in those romantic song
As I adjust to remember her last name from previous last names
Like a looser adjusting to his first winning game
Flapping nervous eye lid, soft voice and dark skin complexion
Was it all part of my colorful imagination?
With nothing to hide, felt simple and comfortable 
Like a kid playing in the sand with blue marbles
Keep your head to the sky, my dearest
When the morning sun disappears
A light in my eyes will soon reappear
Hold me from the side, the front or the rear
"Hold me in your arms, even for the first night"
"Wish to see how it would feel, by your side, every single night"
Then, the two of us shall plan our life's road like a winning coach
Trust, communication and going slow would be our different approach
Then, Eve's anxious ways won't kill this dream like a cockroach 

It's me again God, as I sit to write this morning blog
Remember me? Just a simple man, sweet Michelle's prince frog
A one man band, a hard working soul man
Even if I tried, I couldn't write with the left hand
In my heart, hope she'll be happier with Adam's funk band
Trading sex for a moment of tenderness
A Daddy's little girl soon molded to a confident woman in happiness
Loosing insecurity while gaining her self love
Walking strong with praise from the Lord above 
Now free from my love spell
Still, I wish you well

As the days kept going around in circle
This Lion's soul needed more then a miracle
As I struggled to reached my end of the rainbow
Courage to face the inner tears that never stopped to flow
Any minute, will I hear the click of the phone 
Previously taken in a harsh: "I got to go!", then a dial tone 
Guess it's time to grow a back bone
Fought to see my day in court with my Ex, like a captain of a sinking ship
In order to plead the storm from my previous relationships
Little did I know, you were my greatest motivation
A clearer majestic vision was set in motion
Something radiant in your eyes I did see
While brushing your teeth as you sang and danced 
In the bathroom like crazy
That same old love that made me laugh in Spring
Fixes microwave broiling eggs in the morning
Now my dream talks to me, like Mr. Withers 
She loves films, is shy and patient 
Sends me a prayer when I’m weary
Sings along the alarm of my Blackberry
Lord, I thank you! Could she be the "one" finally?

Hello, all Mighty Jah, like the very first time in last May 
As I fell on my knees to pray
Help me understand, 'cause ain't no sunshine for the past several years
Give me strength to face another Adam fear
What went wrong? Need to sleep, I'm so tired, can't take another Al Green song
Something inside was so strong, to say goodbye 
Stepping aside to face another white omission lie
Peace of the mind is far gone inside
Where admiration, friendship and respect used to reside
Tried my best to hold on during several occasion
Let's be ally over the ocean, and keep building was my true vision
A blind selfish mind, breaking us apart was your mission
But another fight, another Adam's obstacle, things ain't right I'm losing again 
Takes a fool in love to keep trying and keep loosing again
Where to draw the line to not start all over again?
Ain't no sunshine now that you've staid gone, sleeping alone on this cold futon
United we did stand, Haitian flag planted on your petite tropical Piton
Ain't it a shame, now that all trust is gone
It's just another Al Green sad song

Even if my own eyes haven't seen her yet
There's a girl in Brazil, India or Japan, on my life I will bet
That did care for me like an indoor pet
Was it love? 'Cause unhappy and gray she became like a financial debt
It's breaking my heart in two
Bad example, no longer shall I let her see my blues
Never wanted to see you sad girl
Hope you'll find a lot of happiness, true love, diamonds and pearls

PS: "Keep doing it, doing it, doing it... until you're satisfy. What ever it is!"

Louis "Luis!" Mercier

No comments: