Monday, May 10, 2010

Enough Is Enough : Part Three


















“Let there be light”


At last, for the very first time, we met. I have waited, waited and waited all my life for this moment to arrive, thought this day will never come. Like a lacerated slave running North with his family seeking freedom or an handicap child waiting for the day to be adopt, the moment of truth is here. He sat quietly right before my eyes dressed in an all white Armani suit and shoes. A black fedora hat, leaning to the side of his head, masked his slicked back gray hair, you would think I was in the presence of Al Capone starring right back at me with a smirk and fire in his eyes.


With my approval, still as president for a day, my secret agents negotiated for me to meet “Insecurity” in a remote location in St-Kitts. I overheard and agent asking: "Is it just me that feels being in a bad episode of Lost?" "Who is this man?" "Why are we here?" "Why in St-Kitts?". Personally, I couldn’t careless if we met him on the grounds of St-Lucia, St-Bartholemy, St-Luc, St-Paul or St-John. I would have travelled to the Garden of Eden to defy this man.


He sat very still in the left corner of the room while stroking a Mayan gold coin in his right hand. I just couldn’t believe my own eyes, mankind’s arch-nemesis: “Insecurity”. Just like in a western show down, time stood still. I could feel my heart pumping blood profusely, my gaze and teeth were locked at the enemy. Beyond shadow of doubt, any seconds now, we would draw guns at each other.... At last!


“State your number and your name” I spoke in a harsh tone. A cold silence immediately filled the room. Still no reply from the archfiend, as he stopped stroking his gold coin. “Your name and your number, Sir.” I repeated with the same hatred in my voice. His grin grew wider, as he stood to walk in my direction. Without hesitation I also launched in his path whispering in my heart: “Even though I walk through the valley of shadow of death, I will fear no Evil”. Like two boxers fighting for the world heavyweight title, we met in middle of the room with deadlocked gaze in each other. “Why are we playing Hawk-Dove?” “Why doesn’t he kill me?” and “Why did he agreed for us to meet?” I asked myself. Toe to toe with anger we stood, as his warm breathing beating on my forehead. And like a stroke of magic, the answer came to me in a flash.


“He wants me to cease insecurity in myself”


... To be continued.

No comments: