Thursday, April 22, 2010

Wings To Fly














Here is to you, my fourth love
Through my father's eyes we first met
And today, I glorify your everlasting presence in my life
In your honor I raise a bottle of fresh cold water
Here is to your continued friendship, knowledge, motivation and unconditional love
If this is a man's world, it would be despicable and empty without your touch

In contrast, my first love will soon leave me broke
My second love will leave me overweight with diabetes
My third love keeps breaking my heart and peace of the mind
However, you my fourth love, only you help me along and made me strong

In the words of Mr. Richie: 
"You, turned me inside out and you showed me what life was about. 
Only you, the only one that stole my heart away".

Here is to you, my love: Music.

Day after day, I'm more confused about relationships
Yet I look for the light through the pourin' rain
You know that's a game that I hate to loose
And I'm feelin' the blues, ain't it a shame

Oh, give me a party beat and free my soul
I want to get lost in your soca wine and drift away
give me a shy smile and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your tenderness and drift away

Beginnin' to think that I'm wastin' time
This life's journey is too far from the finish line
I don't understand the things I do
keep running circles in my mind
The world outside looks so unkind
Now I'm countin' on you, to carry me through

Give me wings and free my heart
I want to fly in this carnival and drift apart
Yea, give me the wine girl and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your African DNA and drift away

Music, I thank you for the joy that you've given me
Because, life is a song worth singing
I want you to know I believe in your songs
Rhythm and rhyme and harmony
You help me along, makin' me strong.

No comments: