Monday, January 25, 2010

Who Am I?

What's my game? Have fun while moving on up against all odds, 'cause I am a winner.

What's my plan? Putting up resistance. Got to fight "it", I'm going to work it out.

What's my name? Resilient. The Oxford dictionary also define me as an 
underdog, a competitor thought to have little chance of winning a fight. I read in the Merriam-Webster dictionary that I was a predicted loser in a struggle or contest. Still, just like Beres Hammond, I live life with great resistance while breaking my back to make an overtime dollar, that just goes from hand to mouth.


Who am I? If you don't know me by now, you will never know me. If you took the time to learn more about me, you will surely see that I'm a soul man with an energy that is strong and pure which flows within me when watching an underdog film story, cheering for an underdog team or athlete to win. My heart sides with them, because I carry their DNA for their passion, determination, desire to never give up their dreams in turning their life around. Something I too can relate. 


Therefore, before there's no hope, no chance, no loophole, no time to escape for a suffering man, I am starting all over again.


"Starting all over again is gonna be rough, so rough 
But, I'm gonna make it!
Starting all over as a winner, is gonna be rough
But I've gotta face it 

I've made a few mistakes, that's why it hurt so bad. 
It set me back a thousand years. 
I'm gonna make it up, though it's gonna be rough 
To erase all the hurt and tears 
Starting all over again is gonna be hard 
But I pray that the Lord will help me make it 
Starting all over again is gonna be slow 
But I know that I can make it 

I've got to take life as it comes 
And never worry about my past, fears or people
It's an uphill climb to the finish line 
I'm gonna try to make it 
One more time

Starting all over again is gonna be rough, so rough 
But I'm gonna make it, I'm coming Big O!"


PS: Brett Favre, many cheers for you and your team on this day, you were my underdog!

No comments: