Sunday, December 13, 2009

Second Step



















It's a long and winding road that will lead me to happiness, and I'm placing a second step forward by heading to school. However, while embracing the artist lifestyle for so long, I can't remember the last time I've burned the midnight oil studying for a test. Or feeling the stressful clicking sound of the clock on the wall, during any school exam, reminding me that time awaits for no one. Here and now, I'm taking a second step forward in learning more about the world of finance. 

I believe that my thoughts are very powerful. I am extremely brilliant at providing solutions in resolving personal relationships issues. I know inside out how to produce, direct or act in a feature film on a budget. I can feel love and sadness, I can share a tear or a smile. With the patience of Job, I can achieve anything that I place my mind to it. Yet, I find that I lack some key financial knowledge and discipline to add to my wealth of knowledge. There's no shame about it, since in my book of life, real shame is found in denying our personal problems and desire to keep avoiding them.

Today, I'm adding another string to my bow by taking a stance in returning to school to learn how these financial institutions are able to make the world turn with my hard earn income. Time to face the music of my youth and the clicking sound of my thoughts that lead me to believe the financial world was cold, heartless and evil.

“Watch your thoughts, for they become words.

Choose your words, for they become actions.

Understand your actions, for they become habits.

Study your habits, for they become your character.

Develop your character, for it becomes your destiny.”


– Author Unknown

No comments: